Assistant Principal: Mrs. Andrea Chavez
Phone: (417) 272-8245 ext. 2391
• B.S. Crime & Society- Southwest Missouri State University
• Masters of Science in Education Administration – Missouri State University
• 2004-2010: Elementary Activities Director – Reeds Spring School District
• 2008-2013: Special Education Teacher – Reeds Spring Intermediate/Middle School
• 2013-Present: Reeds Spring Middle School Assistant Principal
• Spending time with my husband and giant Great Dane, Elvis
• Participate in Crossfit and other sports
• Outdoor activities: hiking, mountain biking, water sports
• Love watching NFL and participating in fantasy football league: GO CHIEFS!!!
• Reading: professional development, motivational, and good fiction
1:1 Pedagogy Statement
I believe all students can and deserve to learn! It is our responsibility as educators to provide a vast array of opportunities to reach and teach every student at their own unique and individual level. It is my belief that every student should have an unofficial Individualized Achievement Plan (IAP). This gives every student the ability to create, reach, and surpass individual goals. Learning about each individual student’s strengths and weaknesses also encourages teachers to provide more opportunities to reach and challenge each and every student. Students all must know what success feels like.
As an administrator, I will provide encouragement and assistance to middle school teachers with the expectation that we use technology to enhance teaching and learning across all curricular areas. Using my background in special education, I will be able to guide teachers with needed strategies and interventions to reach some of our most difficult students.
Utilizing a 1:1 technology model gives every student the ability to achieve success at different levels within the same grade level and within the same classroom. Students will be encouraged to collaborate and communicate with one another as well as with students from all over the world; while also challenging each other with deeper levels of thinking and learning.
To prepare our 21st century learners for a highly and increasingly competitive global economy, we must use every tool possible to enrich their minds while providing them with necessary life skills to succeed. I am fully committed to giving necessary time and effort toward providing my teachers and students with the most recent and best educational tools to prepare them for a life in which the sky is the limit!