7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
1. Be Proactive: You’re in Charge
2. Begin with the End in Mind: Have a Plan
3. Put First Things First: Work First, then Play
4. Think Win-Win: Everyone can Win
5. Seek First to Understand, then to be Understood: Listen Before you Talk
6. Synergize: Together is Better
7. Sharpen the Saw: Balance Feels Best
1. Be Proactive: I take responsibility for actions, attitudes, and words. I do the right thing, without being asked, even when nobody else is looking.
2. Begin with the End in Mind: I plan ahead and set goals. I have a clear vision for my life and know where I want to be in the future.
3. Put First Things First: I spend time on things that are most important before doing fun things I want to do. I set priorities and know when to say “no” to less important things.
4. Think Win-Win: I think about what others want and not just what I want. It is not my way or your way – it is a better way, a way that benefits both of us.
5. Seek First to Understand, then to be Understood: I take the time to listen to others and try to see their viewpoints. I don’t blurt out or interrupt, but listen with my ears and eyes.
6. Synergize: I value other’s strengths. I know by working together as a team we can get more done and come up with better solutions than we could alone.
7. Sharpen the Saw: I renew myself by taking time to care for my body, mind, heart, and soul. I balance my life with things and people I enjoy.